At Okyanos, we treat patients who experience problems due to erectile dysfunction, or incomplete response despite medication. These patients often have a history of prostate surgery, coronary artery disease or diabetes.
For an overview of how stem cell therapy can help with erectile dysfunction, watch the below video with Dr. Marc Penn:
Stem Cell Therapy and Erectile Dysfunction
- Grow a microvasculature
- Improve blood inflow and outflow
- Enable better response to medication
At Okyanos, we treat patients with urologic conditions using stromal vascular fraction (SVF), which comes from the body’s own adipose (fat) tissue. Through a specialized, enzymatic process, SVF is released from the fat tissue, providing a rich, more active mixture of stem cells. A general overview of the procedure is as follows:
- First, water-assisted fat harvesting is done to obtain a sufficient amount of adipose (fat) tissue.
- The unique blend of stem and regenerative cells that exist in adipose tissue are isolated and prepared for delivery using a proprietary, closed/sterile, fully automated cell processing system. In about 65 minutes, the highly potent SVF is ready for direct injections and IV infusions.
- The SVF/stem cells are directly injected into the organ in two areas.
The Best Care & Safety
Treatment timeframes are usually three days and might vary depending on the personalized plan:
- Day 1: Pre-operative session includes an office visit with the medical staff for a detailed review of the patient’s treatment plan and an opportunity to discuss any questions from the patient and family members.
- Day 2: The patient undergoes treatment and briefly rests in our comfortable facility before being escorted back to the hotel for the evening.
- Day 3: Post-operative session involves a brief physical at Okyanos and a discharge plan discussion. The physician reviews the post treatment recommendations and communication plan, and clears the patient to go home.
For a more detailed understanding of what to expect, watch the below video series with Gretchen Dezelick, RN and Director of Clinical Operations:
For a detailed understanding of stem cell safety at Okyanos, watch our video below.