At Okyanos, we treat patients who experience problems due to erectile dysfunction, or incomplete response despite medication. These patients often have a history of prostate surgery, coronary artery disease or diabetes.
For an overview of how stem cell therapy can help with erectile dysfunction, watch the video below.
Stem Cell Therapy and Erectile Dysfunction
- Grow a microvasculature
- Improve blood inflow and outflow
- Enable better response to medication
At Okyanos, we treat patients with urologic conditions using stromal vascular fraction (SVF), which comes from the body’s own adipose (fat) tissue. Through a specialized, enzymatic process, SVF is released from the fat tissue, providing a rich, more active mixture of stem cells. A general overview of the procedure is as follows:
- First, water-assisted fat harvesting is done to obtain a sufficient amount of adipose (fat) tissue.
- The unique blend of stem and regenerative cells that exist in adipose tissue are isolated and prepared for delivery using a proprietary, closed/sterile, fully automated cell processing system. In about 65 minutes, the highly potent SVF is ready for direct injections and IV infusions.
- The SVF/stem cells are directly injected into the organ in two areas.
The Best Care & Safety
Treatment timeframes are usually three days and might vary depending on the personalized plan:
- Day 1: Pre-operative session includes an office visit with the medical staff for a detailed review of the patient’s treatment plan and an opportunity to discuss any questions from the patient and family members.
- Day 2: The patient undergoes treatment and briefly rests in our comfortable facility before being escorted back to the hotel for the evening.
- Day 3: Post-operative session involves a brief physical at Okyanos and a discharge plan discussion. The physician reviews the post treatment recommendations and communication plan, and clears the patient to go home.
For a more detailed understanding of what to expect, watch the below video series with Gretchen Dezelick, RN and Director of Clinical Operations:
For a detailed understanding of stem cell safety at Okyanos, watch our video below.