Okyanos seeks enthusiastic, capable and highly skilled people to join our team. If you are patient-focused and highly passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with chronic conditions, then we welcome the opportunity to review your resume. If you are interested in sharing your qualifications, skills and career objectives with us, please reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, we will only contact you back if there is a match with an existing opening.
Featured Opportunity: Diagnostic Medical Sonographer and/or Echocardiographic Technician (Temporary Position)
Job Description: The Echo Technician is responsible for preparing patients and diagnostic equipment for imaging procedures. The Echo Tech will also explain procedures to patients and subsequently perform the diagnostic procedure.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We are honored that you might be interested in our team!
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares for examinations by checking equipment and inventorying and restocking supplies; reviewing patient schedules; reading physician orders for specific examinations; setting-up recording equipment; entering patient information into system
- Explain the procedure to patients and answer any questions they may have
- Reduces patient anxieties by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing assistance to examination table or treadmill
- Prepares patients by positioning patient; spreading gels; attaching electrodes to chest and equipment; adjusting equipment controls; verifying wave signals
- Obtains quality images by positioning and repositioning transducer; monitoring display screen; listening to signals; adjusting equipment for beam strength and focus; detecting artifacts that mimic abnormalities; recording images
- Records examination information by printing graphics and data; calculating measurements of heart wall, chamber size, and blood flow direction and velocity; comparing measurements to norms
- Protects patients by adhering to safety policies and protocols
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential; cautioning others regarding potential breaches
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishment
- Works as a part of the clinical team, by providing assistance in other areas as needed