Okyanos closely follows the adult stem cell treatment protocols as laid out in clinical trials such as PRECISE (for Cardiac Cell Therapy) and others which have demonstrated positive results. We encourage you to speak to a Patient Liaison regarding the specifics of your medical condition. Our medical team will then carefully review your medical history to determine whether or not Okyanos Cell Therapy is right for you.
Okyanos Cell Therapy Candidacy:
Determining whether you are a candidate for adult stem cell treatment is a highly individualized process for each patient at Okyanos. Our medical team will carefully review your medical records to understand your chronic condition and discuss with you the potential benefits of cell therapy. You may qualify for this treatment if:
- You are able to travel comfortably to The Bahamas. (Patients on oxygen or who are too weak to travel are not appropriate candidates at this time.)
- You are able to lay flat for the adult stem cell therapy.
- Your medical records indicate that you are able to safely undergo fat harvesting (a minor liposuction procedure).
Because Okyanos treats a variety of conditions, we commonly find that each patient has different needs. Our foremost goal is to determine whether cell therapy will help you before accepting you for treatment.
Okyanos Cell Therapy Candidacy for Heart Patients:
Quality of life can be severely impacted by heart disease symptoms, even after maximal use of medications and bypass surgery and/or stents. Among those for whom continued interventional procedures are not an option, cardiac stem cell therapy is a promising new CAD treatment opportunity.
Our team of cardiologists follows stringent candidacy protocols for patients with heart disease seeking Okyanos Cardiac Cell Therapy. This is to ensure maximal patient safety and the best possible outcome for you. You may qualify for this treatment if:
- You have been fully medically screened.
- You have heart damageas from a heart attack or coronary artery disease (CAD).
- You have had interventions such as bypass surgery or stents.
- You continue to experience symptoms of your disease which greatly impact your daily life, but additional interventional procedures are not an option for you.
Before acceptance, an echocardiogram or an ECG/EKG and a nuclear or SPECT will be required to ensure the patient will potentially benefit from receiving the adult stem cell therapy.
We accept referrals from physicians as well as inquiries from patients diagnosed with CAD, and of course welcome calls and questions from both physicians and patients about cardiac stem cell therapy and how the treatment is performed.
To find out if you are a candidate for cell therapy you may contact a Patient Liaison by requesting a free educational consultation or dialing 855.OKYANOS (855.659.2667).